Thursday, June 23, 2011

All About Coco Chanel

"May my legend run its course, I wish it a good and long life," Coco Chanel said. She passed away on 10 January, 1971. The world paid its respects to the most influential woman of her century, but the great CHANEL book had yet to end. (Chanel Magazine)

 Her name was Gabrielle Chanel, but her nickname was Coco or Mademoiselle. Her life was as beautiful and tumultuous as a novel, one about a little orphan with a fierce will who went through the 20th century revolutionizing the world of women. She called herself a dressmaker but what she created was far greater: a new vision for women that was at once liberating and daring, simple and infinitely modern.

 Leigh Lezark channeling Coco Chanel in the first scene of the film


 Karl Lagerfeld's Most Recent Portrait of Gabrielle Chanel, 2009



 Chanel Magazine Fall Winter 2009-2010
Chanel Magazine Spring Summer 2011




Chanel Gift Card



Thanks for visiting Fashion Cat!!!
xoxo

20 comments:

  1. thanks for this great post!!Hughs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Chanel will live forever and its elegance will never fade! I hope Karl will keep designing collections for the brand! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Kate, I think that all women owe a little partt of their independence to Coco Chanel. She was a warrior and I really admire her.
    XX
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! She is such an inspiration!

    artofbeingcool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viva la Coco! Such an inspirational woman, definitely a legend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, I love the last image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable and classic! She is an example of life! I admire her very much!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a awesome day, Kate!
    Xoxo
    Susie
    www.myfashionview.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, great post..what about her, the elegance personified!!!Come back soon, I'll be waiting for you!!

    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo cool! Would you like to follow each other? love, m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am such a huge fan of Chanel...thank you for posting these! Coco is forever chic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. she was an idle and the elegance personified...

    http://www.oneredcherry.com

    i follow u

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore chanel! :D
    great blog! definetely follow you!


    Veronica
    blameboogie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an elegant and graceful woman. something to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your sweet comment!!!I'm waiting for a new post of yours!!
    Come back soon, I'll be waiting for you!!

    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. love these pictures!!
    check out my blog
    tiklemecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh, I love Chanel.
    What fabulous pictures!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.s I'm following you!!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post. I'm reading the Coco Chanel biography by Justine Picardie right now, such a fascinating history. Happy I found you!
    xo
    Sada
    http://dressologyhq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post!
    I love her work :) she was amazing.

    I was also wondering if you could vote for me?
    It only takes 5 seconds!
    Go to the Nokia facebook page and then press gallery and view by date. When you see ‘The Black Maze’ with my picture just press 'i like' and you've voted!
    Would be so nice sweetie! Thanks!  x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! If you want to see what I wore day by day, follow me on Instagram @shoppingcat ! It's another diary of my life!
Stay Fabulous! xoxo